Now you can display GitHub's icons on your laptop or anything else you want to deck out with some Octicons. The diameter of the vinyl stickers is 2.2 inches and they can easily fit most surfaces. Stickers come in packs of three. Application directions are below:
Prep your surface
- Give your laptop a quick wipe to ensure it’s clean & dry.
Rub rub rub
- Place the decal on a hard flat surface.
- Using a credit card, spatula, etc., firmly rub over the Backing Paper to shift the decal onto the transparent Transfer Tape. Don't be gentle, put some gusto into it!
- Start at one corner and slowly peel away the Backing Paper with a rolling action. The decal will adhere to the transparent Transfer Tape.
- If some bits of the decal want to stick to the Backing Paper, simply stop peeling, roll back a bit & rub the decal through the Backing Paper to make it re-stick to the transparent Transfer Tape. Then resume slowly peeling.
Line it up
- Hold the corners of the Transfer Tape keeping the sheet straight. The sticky part of the decal is exposed; if you let it fold on itself it'll stick together!
- Without sticking the decal to the chosen surface, make sure you have aligned it as you'd like.
- Press down one edge of the decal / Tape first, to avoid wrinkling and bubbling, and continue firmly smoothing out the Tape all the way across.
Strip it off
- Once the decal is applied you need to remove the transparent Transfer Tape.
- Starting at one corner, slowly roll the Tape back from the surface.
- If any part of the decal stays stuck on the Tape, do the roll back, rub, re-roll as before.
- How does it look? If there are any bubbles use a sharp pin or thumbtack to poke the bubble and smooth it out.